A recent study discovered over 300 ticks in just 1 square metre of UK park.
Richard Wall, a Professor of Zoology at Bristol University whilst looking for Ticks in urban park land predicted that he would find up to 20 per square metre. Needless to say he was a more than a little surprised when he found 300 in one patch.
The dramatic increase in Tick numbers is being attributed to the wet winter, with mild damp conditions providing the perfect conditions for breeding.
Increased exposure to Ticks increases the risk of contracting illnesses associated with the parasitic insects. The most severe of which being the debilitating Lymes Disease.
When in the outdoors, it can be difficult to protect against the risk of biting Ticks. Craghoppers offer the only permanently insect repelling outdoor clothing in the UK and are urging outdoor goers in the UK to protect themselves with their NosiLife range of kit.
NosiLife offers the following benefits against biting insects including ticks, mosquitoes and midges:
- Up to 80-90% reduction in actual bites
- Up to 90% effective in repelling blood feeding
- UPF 40+ protection from UV rays
- Anti-bacterial treatment for freshness
- Non-toxic and non-irritant
- Moisture Control technology to keep cool in hot climates
- NosiLife treatment is permanent and won’t wash out
Open Gallery3 Images
To find out more about NosiLife and to see the whole Craghoppers collection head to www.craghoppers.com